Customer Service Representative
Location: Ottawa, Ill., office
Customer Service Representative:
Founded in 1981, B+B SmartWorx powered by Advantech, formerly B&B Electronics, provides intelligent M2M and IoT connectivity solutions for wireless and wired networks. We design and build device connectivity and network infrastructure products that deliver intelligent connectivity at the “edge” of networks in remote and demanding environments.
We’re looking for a Customer Service Representative that can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to get the job done with a positive, professional approach. You’ll be helping current and potential customers by answering service questions or directing them to the correct technical department; processing orders and billing; fulfilling customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction; and building customer relationships.
Responsible for receiving and processing all orders for shipment and maintaining customer account information and other data required. Responsible for front-line customer satisfaction.
Customer Service Representative Job Duties:
- Providing unmatched exceptional service to all company customers; internal as well as external
- Complete, enter and verify customer orders via telephone, email, fax, mail order, and occasionally in person.
- Update and follow-up on web orders and assist customers with login identification and other web related tools
- Maintain customer account information including address, payment type, contact information
- Identify customers with potential project requirements and pass information to inside sales for the benefit of the customer’s business requirements.
- Issue quotations and follow up on them
- Respond to and acknowledge all orders and other inquiries in a timely fashion
- Answer all customer questions and/or referring to technical support when necessary
- Communicate with manufacturing and production regarding stock availability and projected ship dates and with purchasing for vendor delivery dates
- Communicate with accounting and credit personnel in regards to customer billing requirements, options, and credit limits
- Process all orders for shipment on dates scheduled
- Process and obtain authorization for credit card transactions before shipment
- Communicate with technical support and engineering for information including custom model details and pricing
- Participate in organized training to improve job efficiencies, better understand company resources and product information
- Issuing and processing return material authorizations including warranty and non-warranty repairs and replacements, exchanges, and credits
- Communicating with VP of Marketing and Sales Operations regarding process improvements, customer opportunities or complaints, and any other issues affecting the team and its ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Minimum high school education or G.E.D. certificate
- 1 year related experience and/or training
- Strong computer skills and ability to utilize various software programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Superior customer service, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate.
- Good planning, organizing, problem solving, time management and attention to detail required with the ability to adapt to changes in work environment
Office working environment
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of this position. Duties and responsibilities may change periodically.
January 10, 2019
May 25, 2018
May 25, 2018