The Technical Support Representative is responsible for telephone, online chat, and email product support and serves as a primary support liaison between the company and our customers. Products supported include industrial cellular routers & intelligent gateways, advanced Ethernet switches, and software management packages.
The Technical Support Representative provides the level of support and advice needed by the customer. The Technical Support Representative will also provide feedback to the product development process, identify sales opportunities, and contribute to the creation of technical documentation and materials to aid in the sales and the support of product lines.
The department provides professional, friendly and responsive handling of pre and post sales inquiries and is fundamental to our company reputation and sales growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing unmatched, exceptional service to all B + B customers, internal as well as external.
- Demonstration of expert knowledge of the company’s products and convey customer feedback regarding products to the product development staff.
- Developing and participating in systematic self-guided training programs on company products and technologies, including developing technical training materials that can be used by other TSR’s, technical sales staff, and customers.
- Identifying sales opportunities, asking probing questions about the customer’s application and project to uncover opportunities to benefit the customer’s business requirements and to realize more sales revenue with a customer.
- Acquiring information for Sales and Marketing purposes including, but not limited to names, addresses, contact information, industry type, and job function information, recognizing that many times the customer that communicates with Technical Support is a specifier and is a strategic contact for the B+B’s marketing activities.
- Entering Tech Support inquiries, pre and post sales, as tech tickets
- Working as a team with Customer Service and Sales to provide the best possible service to the customer, as well as maximize the customer value to the company.
- Using common software tools, contribute to the development of materials to assist in the support and sales process of a product, such as application examples, configuration and installation examples, troubleshooting processes, maintenance of knowledgebase, etc.
- Applying sound troubleshooting practices to efficiently and methodically guide customers through diagnostic and corrective action processes.
- Support customers requiring more in-depth support on various applications.
- Serve as Level 2 Support on specifically assigned products or lines.
- Communicating with Technical Support Team Lead and the VP of Marketing regarding process improvements, customer opportunities or complaints, and any other issues affecting the team and its ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-year technical degree in electronics or equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a Tech Support environment supporting customers.
- Knowledge and experience with networking products used in Industrial Communications and Industrial Automation.
- Strong Ethernet and or Cellular background required
- Familiarity with Serial Communications, RS232 and RS485
- CCNA or COMPTIA Network+ certifications a plus
- Wi-Fi or other wireless experience considered a plus
You will be working in an office environment.