B+B SmartWorx powered by Advantech is a leading manufacturer of innovative communications and connectivity products for IoT applications.
The systems engineer is a key technical role that will interface with Product Management and customers to establish requirements and participate in the engineering execution of those requirements.
Successful candidates will have a wide and deep understanding of technologies and trends encompassing M2M communications, wireless technologies, embedded software and IoT end-to-end solutions. They will have an enormous curiosity and passion for detailed understanding of technologies and applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
New Product Development
- Work with key stakeholders to evaluate project proposals
- Take project proposals through to Requirements Specification
- Prioritize requirements in terms of business value and risk
- Prioritize requirements into phased deliverables
- Develop architectures and functional specifications in collaboration with multi-disciplinary stakeholders
- Act as Product Owner in one or more multi-disciplinary product team
- Work with Product Management to ensure alignment between business, technical and market needs
New Business Opportunities
- Work with ecosystem partners, sales partners and customers to identify potential new product or service opportunities
- Identify the “Problem Domain” such that B+B can deliver effective solutions
- Identify and create new project proposals
- Facilitate business modeling, use case analyses
- Bachelor’s degree or better in engineering with focus on electronics and embedded software
- 10 or more years of experience in technology with emphasis in communications
- 5 or more years of experience in embedded software development, Linux and RTOS
- Dynamic, motivated individual with passion for innovation
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience with matching technical requirements, customer and business needs.
Office working environment, some domestic and international travel required
Submit resumes and cover letters to Rich Czekanski, Director of Human Resources, at [email protected] or fill out the form.
January 10, 2019
July 13, 2018
May 25, 2018