B+B SmartWorx powered by Advantech is a leading manufacturer of innovative communications and connectivity products for IoT applications.
We are seeking dynamic embedded software engineers with experience in embedded Linux, writing great code in C and C++, wireless technologies (cellular and Wi-Fi), and embedded networking/routing services.
Successful candidates will have a passion for embedded systems, with understanding of processors, memory, hardware architecture, drivers, open source, build environments, IP and routing protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities:
New Product Development
- Develop engineering requirements, in collaboration with System Engineering and Product Management
- Develop design specifications and architecture
- Proactively interact with on- and off-site colleagues during all stages of product development
- Implement embedded software on embedded platforms, Linux and RTOS. Experience with development on OpenWRT a plus
- Develop in a structured, disciplined approach that facilitates quality deliverables
- Define and develop unit tests as part of the Product Development process
- Meet or exceed schedule and performance objectives and milestones
- Work in a small, dedicated team environment with stake-holder involvement from product definition through to production
Sustaining, support and continual improvement
- Define and develop code to support product enhancements and custom application needs
- Work on continual process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree or better in Software Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Dynamic, motivated individual with passion for innovation and creativity
- Demonstrated track record of meeting schedule and performance objectives
- A technologist, with passion for software development and technology trends
- Hands-on embedded experience developing with C and C++ in Linux and other environments
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong experience with embedded Linux, OpenWRT preferred
- Experience with embedded networking services, protocols and security
- Experience with wireless communications technologies, Wi-Fi and cellular a plus
Office working environment
Submit resumes and cover letters to Rich Czekanski, Director of Human Resources, at [email protected]tech-bb.com or fill out the form.
January 10, 2019
July 13, 2018
May 25, 2018