This position works within the existing channel sales structure and works with the Channel Account Manager and the channel partners. You will work with distributors and channel partners to develop sales strategies, position products against competitive offerings, and work with the end customers to effectively close business opportunities. You will develop new partner relationships to extend the reach of the company’s solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate sales growth within assigned territory to meet or exceed quota.
- Work with channel partners and their customers to identify, expand and penetrate new business opportunities.
- Develop strategic and tactical sales strategies to position product solutions effectively against competitive offerings.
- Develop relationships with product management, inside sales, and outside sales personnel at channel partners and their customers.
- Co-ordinate training, promotional, and visit activities.
- Manage monthly and quarterly business reviews with distributors and channel partners as required.
- Develop territory penetration plans, including target customers and new channel partners.
- Develop and manage an effective, balanced sales pipeline.
- Track and effectively communicate opportunity progression through the company’s CRM system.
- Work with Product Management to provide feedback on product positioning, competitive offerings, etc.
- Gather customer requirements and collaborate with engineering and eco system partners on applications development.
- Develop and present technical content and training to customers and partners
- Travel within territory as required
- 5-8 years relevant technical sales experience,
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (EE, ME, IE, etc)
- Proven market knowledge in Industrial Automation, Factory Automation, HVAC, Building Management and Water Treatment.
- Strong sales and presentation skills are required.
- Must be a result-oriented, creative and sales driven professional.
- Proven ability to sell/manage and develop large accounts directly.
- Proven ability in problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications, teamwork and presentation skills
You may be based in our Ottawa, IL office or close to a major airport.