B+B SmartWorx is seeking a high energy, hands-on business development professional to join its “Internet of Things” Edge-Intelligence product division based out of Ottawa, IL. The candidate must have a passion for the emerging Industrial IoT market and a desire to build their career around the commercial deployment of solutions in this rapidly growing industry.
A successful background in technical sales and market development is required.
In this key position you will identify high payoff markets and rapidly develop and execute business plans to grow market share in this verticals. You will educate and motivate sales teams to replicate and scale that success. And, you will develop and manage an ecosystem of partners that contribute to the solutions and their success in the market. Success will be measured by targeted product line revenue..
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute application/vertical focused business plans to support the established sales goal for the product division
- Develop effective sales presentations, proposals and other sales-enablement tools to ensure the success of the sales teams
- Train and support sales teams on targeting, identifying and closing opportunities
- Cultivate and manage effective ecosystem partners to accelerate and scale growth opportunities
- Develop business cases in collaboration with Product Management in order to align product roadmaps with the highest payoff market opportunities
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in technical sales experience
- Experience developing and executing strategic sales plans
- Technical aptitude and understanding of hardware and software solution sales
- Strong results focus, ability to quickly adapt to new information, fact-based decision making with strong follow-through to completion
- Concise and articulate communications skills, able to distill detailed technical information into clear features and benefits
- Experience in industrial automation, SCADA or related markets a plus