Determine and implement product costing procedures and methods. As part of the Finance team, examine and review unusual cost records and ensure cost data is allocated correctly. Responsible for the preparation, analysis, and reporting graphs of various revenue and cost scenarios (i.e., by product line, by sales channel, by salesperson, etc.) and for assisting with month-end closing procedures, including preparation of the Ireland subsidiary’s monthly financial reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the accounting system.
- Responsible for general ledger and all accounting practices required, both domestic and foreign.
- Responsible for analysis and reporting of monthly financial statements, and assisting with long and short-term budgeting and annual audits.
- Reconciles all general ledger accounts, completes audit worksheets as necessary. Maintain monthly accounting schedules as required.
- Monitor account receivable and collection.
- Monitor and maintain detailed records of fixed assets.
- Manage data entry and reconciliations for semiannual cycle counts.
- Supervise Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables
- Weekly/Bi-weekly/Monthly preparation of KPI metrics as required
- Prepare various revenue, margin and new product revenue reports and graphs for monthly and quarterly reporting
- Establish purchasing and manufacturing standards, review variances and prepare monthly reports
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of inventory records and month-end reconciliations to general ledger for the US division.
- Review excess and obsolete material on a monthly basis and work with other departments to find alternative uses and/or improve processes
- Perform all month-end journal entries and financial review for the US subsidiary, review monthly Irish Financial statements in Euro’s and US Dollars and prepare consolidated financial statements
- Back-up other accounting functions as needed.
- Prepare Monthly Sales Tax Returns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field. CPA preferred
- Three to five year’s management experience.
- Strong comprehensive understanding of accounting theory, concepts and GAAP
- Strong computer skills and ability to utilize various software programs for reports and documentation. Microsoft Excel Pivot table and charting experience required. SAP or other like ERP system experience required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access a plus
- Superior professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate
- Good planning, organizing, analytical problem solving, time management and self-motivation required with the ability to adapt to changes in work environment